S Pink Premium Pointer Bio-Tagebuch (nur 3% Fantasie): "We can drink some blood while we wait, ...
People used to remind me that "not everything's either black or white", but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Because, where is all that grey coming from?

Dienstag, 22. April 2014

"We can drink some blood while we wait, ...

... I don't eat much." - Osha

I was led to "Game of Thrones" before I read the books of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
After the first season of the show, I was blown away. There hasn't been anything in years that managed to emotionally mindfuck me like, "A crown for a king," and, "Ser Ilyn, bring me his head." 
Yet it wasn't a main character that stood out to me the most. There was this woman - a dirty savage with messed up hair, but nevertheless intelligent. The way how she used to tilt her head, while staring into your soul with her haunting eyes and an almost threatening smile, caught my attention. No one would ever know what thoughts were creeping around behind those eyes.
Because of her, and of course a whole lot of other reasons, I had to read the books (which are now the books #4-8 in the chronological order of books that I've ever read in my life ^^).




As it turns out, for quite some time Osha is the only interesting character in Bran's chapters. If it wasn't for her, maybe I would've skipped the little Warg's storyline completely. Yet the mystical wildling had something about her that just wouldn't let me go. She had always some story to tell from beyond the Wall, and through her actions she always seemed to be trustworthy enough to make everyone believe her that it wasn't all just myths and legends. She had definitely seen ... something, but most of it was apparently too terrifying to talk about it.
Eventually, it made me like the character even more than I already did.
Then, shortly thereafter, after a re-watch of season 1 and during the airings of season 2 & 3, it became more and more like, "OH MY GOD! Those eyes, those lips, the hair, the deep, a little rough sounding voice and ... THE Bri'ish ACCENT, damnit!!!" :D
All in all, one hell of a charisma.

 
Osha is skilled at using knives and daggers, she can hunt, cook, take good care of children and Hodors, and seems capable of skinning rabbits faster than anyone else south of the Wall. ^^


"Easter is cancelled, kids."

Her life has put her through enough misery to let her aquire the right attitude to do what has to be done and get over it. But even without the nude scene, how can someone not have a crush on her? :)
Small wonder that I felt obligated to find out more about the actress who plays Osha in the TV show, Natalia Tena.
Somehow I wish I wouldn't have looked her up. It resulted in the biggest celebrity crush that I had in years, maybe even the last decade. I'm not going to go deeper into her roles in the Harry Potter movies, since I'm not a fan of the franchise in general (Haven't read the books; only watched "Prisoner of Azkaban" because of Gary Oldman and think it sucks, big time.), and other movies she starred in.

No, what really got me hooked, besides her love for Austrian Käsekrainer (pronounced something like: Kay-ze-cry-ner; a boiled or grilled sausage that oozes cheese) and sweet mustard, and the fact that she is even a year younger than me (o.O ... Which is also something that makes me think about how I wasted my life until now -_- ... nah, never mind, moving on.), was her voice and the music she makes with her band Molotov Jukebox.
It's upbeat gypsy music with a latino-ish twist, seasoned with jazz. The soul is put into the songs by Natalia's incredible voice which stunned me quite a bit, while listening to it for the first time, and doesn't stop to amaze me. She also plays the accordion. The result is called "Gypstep", and I'm absolutely loving it. :D

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Molotov Jukebox, "Don't Panic"

Molotov Jukebox, "Tick Tock"

The band recently released their debut album "Carnival Flower" on March 31, 2014. Here's the first single, "Neon Lights" (starring Oona Chaplin).


Seven hells, may the Wights take your eyes, Natalia! As if I wouldn't already have enough sexy reasons to learn Spanish. ^^
Anyway, you've just earned youself another fan and hopefully there are a lot more to come. Keep on doing what you do, and the best of luck to you and your band.
And ... if per chance you could do a gig in Austria some time soon? Pretty please? :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Irgendwelche Gedanken, Meinungen, Wünsche, Anregungen?
Any Thoughts, opinions, wishes, suggestions?